Happy Monday … Monday’s are always better when they are a holiday, wouldn’t you agree! My posts this week will be featuring one of the new Fall themed stamp sets Pretty Pumpkins along with the coordinating Detailed Pumpkin dies. Both of these products can be found in the August – December Mini catalogue on page 48.
The first card of the week is one that I designed around this beautiful sentiment stamp … If Friends were pumpkins I’d pick you! I love that so much 🧡
This card incorporates a few additional Stampin’ Up! products which I think tie in nicely with the Fall/Pretty Pumpkin theme.
There are a number of elements a pieces on today’s card but when you break it all down this card is a snap to create.
So … let me walk you through how easy this lovely card is to make.
- The first thing we need to start with is the card base. I have used So Saffron cardstock cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored in half on the long side at 4.25″
- The next layer is Cajun Craze cardstock cut to 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ and then Very Vanilla at 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ and embossed with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere these two pieces together and center on the card front.
- On a small scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock stamp the sentiment with Early Espresso ink, then run it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine using the shown label from the Tasteful Labels die set.
- Take a 18″ piece of the gold Simply Elegant Trim and loop it up to place behind the die cut label. My trick for this is to have the trim the way I like it on my card and then use dimensionals on top to hold it in place where the label will cover them up. Then you can peel the backing off the dimensionals and use them to adhere your label!
- Stamp the image of the three pumpkins onto another scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Next cut them out using the coordinating Detailed Pumpkin dies.
- Colour in the images with Stampin’ Blends. I used: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze. You can use the Color Lifter to add a few additional highlights if you want too!
- With double-stacked dimensionals on the bottom edge of the pumpkins and a single dimensional on the top adhere them to the card so that the top overlaps the label. This will create a nice dimension on your card!
- Finally to finish off the card add three gold Metallic Pearls around your pretty pumpkins.
Today’s card would be a great card-sketch to keep in mind for future designs. By simply switching stamped images, colours and embellishments you can make the same general layout look completely different! Keep this in mind the next time you create a project that you fall in love with!
I hope that you have enjoyed this post today! Pop back on Wednesday to see another project featuring the Pretty Pumpkins Bundle!
Ordering & Current Promotions
If you are interested in purchasing any of the Stampin’ Up! products that I used in this project that I shared with you today the entire list is shown below. You can jump directly to the item in my online store by clicking on its image from the list.
Remember that the Sale-a-Bration promotion is happening until the end of September. Spend $60 0r $120 and receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. PLUS for the month of September anyone that places a minimum $60 order using my September Host code BYTNBBNV will also receive a thank you gift from me … a FREE Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack ($9.50 retail value). These gifts will be mailed out in the beginning of October.
Thanks for popping by today! I hope you enjoy the rest of your Labour Day Long Weekend … Be sure to check back in on Wednesday.Product List