It’s Monday again … how did that happen so quickly? To start the week off I have a couple of fun fold card for Halloween to share with you. I love fun or fancy fold cards and these two are no exception!
If you are loving the products shown in these cards then you’ll definitely want to check out my Cutest Halloween Class To Go. The deadline to register for this virtual class is September 29th!
This first card is called a Crossover Gate Fold Card. It has two separate flaps on the front that open in opposite directions. This makes for a really fun and interesting card.
Here are the pieces and measurements that you need to make this type of card:
- Basic black cardstock for the card-base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ score along the long edge at 2-1/8″ from each end
- Old Olive cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 4″ (2 of these)
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
- Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper:
- Haunted Houses pattern: 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Black and white Boo pattern: 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″
- White and black Squiggle pattern: 1-7/8″ x 2-1/4″ (2 of these)
To assemble the card you just need to follow these few easy steps …
- Fold on both score lines so that each flap fold in towards the center of the card. They should meet in the middle.
- Layer the two larger pieces of DSP on to the Old Olive cardstock pieces and attach to the card. The top piece gets attached to the left-hand flap and the bottom piece to the righ-hand flap. Be very careful that your adhesive does not go beyond the flaps or you will glue your card front. That would not be good 🤣.
- Decorate the front flaps anyway that you like. For my card here I have used a collection of fussy-cut images from the Cute Halloween DSP, die cuts from the Frightful Tags dies and stamped sentiments from the Frightfully Cute stamp set.
- Attach the Basic White card insert to the inside of the card. If you want to stamp anything on the inside of your card I suggest doing this first, just in case it doesn’t come out the way you want. Remember there are two sides to every piece of paper so you can always flip it over and re-stamp!
I was so excited to see that Stampin’ Up! brought back the Black Glitter Paper in the July-August Mini Catalogue. This is perfect for Halloween crafting and is so nice and glittery ❤. For this card design I used this Black Glitter paper to cut out the awesome spider web and the great little label on the front of the card. The die had no issues at all cutting through this paper even with all of the intricate detail in the spider web.
The second of the Fun Fold Cards for Halloween that I want to share with you today is one that I featured on my Tutorial Tuesday Facebook Live last week. This adorably spooky fun fold is called a Double Z Fold Card.
This fun fold is perfect for showing off some amazing patterns in the Cute Halloween designer series paper and all the little spook-tacular characters too! When you are creating your cards don’t forget to give a little love to the inside as well. Look how cute that smiling skeleton looks in there!
Please check out my Tutorial Tuesday video that I uploaded to my YouTube channel to see the step by step instructions and measurements for this fun card fold.
I am so excited to share with you a few more projects that I have created with these fa-BOO-lous Halloween products. Check back in on Wednesday to see a really awesome treat-holder!
Ordering & Current Promotions
If you are interested in purchasing any of the Stampin’ Up! products that I have used in the project that I shared with you today, the entire list is shown below. You can jump directly to the item in my online store by clicking on its image from the list.
Remember that the Sale-a-Bration promotion is happening until the end of September. Spend $60 0r $120 and receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. PLUS for the month of September anyone that places a minimum $60 order using my September Host code BYTNBBNV will also receive a thank you gift from me … a FREE Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack ($9.50 retail value). These gifts will be mailed out in the beginning of October.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and have an amazing week!Product List