Hi there Stamping Friends! Today I have decided to jump in on the fun of the weekly creative challenges. I’ve created this Press On thank you card using this week’s creative challenge sketch and had a blast creating it!
I absolutely love the Press On stamp set which I featured in my Stamp Of The Month Club in December. If you would like to add this versatile stamp set to your collection be sure to do so soon … it is being retired and the last day to order is January 4th, 2021. You can order online here with January host code M63FNJP2.
When I sat down to create with this sketch the Press On stamp set was the first to come to mind. I could envision the “rays” or semi circle of lines right above that large, centered focal image. So from there my Press On thank you card came to be …
Want to make it?
Here are the measurements for the pieces that I used to create this card:
- Crushed Curry cardstock card base 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored on the long edge at 4-1/4″
- Early Espresso cardstock
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ for base layer on card front
- 2-1/2″ scallop circle cut from the layered circles dies
- Whisper White cardstock
- 5″ x 3-3/4″ for top layer of card front
- 2-1/8″ circle cut from the layered circles dies
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ for inside of the card
- Playing with Patterns DSP 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
- Fold your card base on the score line with the bump to the inside so you get a nice crisp fold. If you have a bone folder using this will help to get a precise, crisp fold on your card.
- Using an Early Espresso ink pad stamp the coffee mug on to the 2-1/2″ whisper white circle
- On the 5″ x 3-3/4″ whisper white piece stamp the ‘rays’ centered at the top and then stamp the coffee beans across about 2/3 of the way down.
- With Crushed Curry ink pad stamp the “A cup of thanks” sentiment in the lower right corner below the coffee beans.
- Colour in the coffee beans and the coffee mug with Stampin’ Blends (or colouring tool of your choice). I used dark and light Crumb Cake to give a little contrast in the beans, and Crumb Cake and Calypso Coral for the mug.
- Attach the DSP strip to the Whisper White between the rays and the coffee beans.
- Attach the stamped Whisper White piece to the Early Espresso layer and then adhere to the card base.
- Glue the scalloped circle on top of the DSP strip beneath the ‘rays’
- Using dimensionals attach the stamped circle over the scallop circle
- To finish it off add 3 Crushed Curry resin dots to the left of the sentiment and attach the insert to the inside of the card.
Don’t forget that this super cute Press On stamp set is retiring on January 4th so if you would like to get your crafty little hands on it and add it to your collection be sure to place your order before it is gone for good.
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your projects for Creative Challenge #35!