Hello and welcome! Today I am so excited to share with you a fun and simple birthday card featuring the Darling Donkeys stamp set. To say that I love this stamp set would be a huge understatement. These adorable donkeys simply melt my heart!
I am always in need of birthday cards so today that is what I am going to share with you. A Darling Donkeys birthday card that will surely brighten anyone’s day!
How cute is that? The heart paper is so fitting and plays off of that adorable rose the darling donkey is holding in his teeth. The heart pattern is part of the Snail Mail Designer Series paper, you will be seeing a lot of this DSP in the future … it is super fun!
Here’s the list of products I used
I am excited to show you how quick and easily you can create this adorable birthday card. I will take you through the creative process one step at a time so you can see how simple and easy it really is!
Darling Donkeys birthday card … Let’s make it!
You are going to want to start by preparing the following paper pieces:
- Blushing Bride cardstock
- Card base 8-1/2″ x 11″ scored in half at 5-1/2″ on the long side
- 3/4″ x 3-1/2″ for the sentiment
- Smoky Slate cardstock (2) 4″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock
- (2) 3-3/4″ x 5″
- 3″ x 4″ (approx) to cut out the scallop rectangle for stamping
- Snail Mail Designer Series Paper (heart pattern) 2-1/2″ x 5″
Aside from the basics you will need the following supplies:
- Darling Donkeys stamp set
- Fancy Phrases stamp set
- Resin Hearts embellishments
- Tailored Tag punch to flag the end of the banner
- Stitched So Sweetly dies
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad
- Stampin’ Blends markers in your choice of colours
Now that you have all of your supplies ready let’s get started and make this adorable Darling Donkeys birthday card!
- Fold the Blushing Bride card base on the score line with the bump to the inside. If you have a bone folder use this along the folded edge to make it nice and crisp.
- Using the Stitched So Sweetly dies cut the scalloped rectangle (2nd largest die in the set) out of the 3″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- With the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink stamp the Darling Donkey with the rose in his mouth centered on the die cut.
4. Now it is time to colour the Darling Donkey!! I have used my Stampin’ Blends markers as they are my go-to for colouring. I like to start with the light marker and then add in the shading with the dark. For my card I used Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Black and Soft Sea Foam (light only).
5. Now it’s time to make the flagged banner out of the Blushing Bride cardstock strip. There are a number of ways to achieve this look; I used the Tailored Tag punch to make the flag on mine. To do this you just need to put the end of the cardstock partially into the punch as shown below.
Time to assemble
6. Attach the Smoky Slate cardstock pieces; one to the front of the birthday card and the other to the inside of the card.
7. Next attach one of the 3-3/4″ x 5″ pieces of Whisper White to the front of the card on top of the Smoky Slate piece.
8. The second piece of 3-3/4″ x 5″ of Whisper White is for the inside of the card. You can attach it as is or you may want to stamp something on the inside as I have done.
Here’s a little tip…
Notice the outline around the Darling Donkey image? I simply traced around the outer edge of the stamped image with the light Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends marker. I love this effect because it gives the image a little extra dimension. You will see that I did the same thing to the image on the front of the card as well.
9. Attach the Designer Series Paper strip to the Whisper White on the front of the card. You will want to have it about 1/4″ away from the left hand edge of the Whisper White.
10. Next attach the scalloped rectangle stamped piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals. This is placed about 1/4″ away from the right hand edge of the Whisper White.
11. Before you attach the flagged banner you will want to stamp the sentiment ‘May your day be filled with heartfelt happiness!’ from the Fancy Phrases stamp set. Stamp this using the Tuxedo Black Memento ink on to the small strip of Blushing Bride cardstock.
12. Attach the banner to the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional on the left hand edge and Stampin’ Seal on the right, this will keep the banner even across the card.
13. Lastly we will finish off the card by adding two of the little red hearts from the Resin Heart embellishments. These are also part of the Snail Mail product suite.
There you have a fun & simple Darling Donkeys birthday card! Now the task will be to decide which of your friends or family member will get this super cute card on their birthday.
With Valentine’s Day coming up next month this card could easily be changed to a Valentine card by simply switching out the greetings. How versatile these Darling Donkeys can be, just one more reason that I love this set!
Darling Donkeys Sale-a-bration Exclusive
The Darling Donkeys stamp set is part of the Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-bration promotion that is happening right now! This is one of our biggest and most popular promotions of the year. When you spend $60 (before shipping & taxes) you can choose the Darling Donkeys stamp set to be yours free!! That is sale-a-bration in a nut shell … spend $60 or $120 and choose from a selection of exclusive products that can be yours for free!! This promotion runs from January 5th, 2021 through to February 28th, 2021.
I will be sharing a variety of projects using these exclusive Sale-a-bration products over the next 8 weeks. Be sure to stop in often to see what’s new! If you missed it last night I featured another Darling Donkeys card on my Tuesday Facebook Live with Birdsnest Designs. Pop on over to Facebook to check it out!
Thank you for stopping by … have a fabulous creative day!