Hello Stampin’ Friends!! Today I want to share with you a drapery fold card using the beautiful Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper. This is the card that I featured last night in my weekly Tutorial Tuesday Facebook live. Tune in to Birdsnest Designs Facebook Page every week at 7:30pm (PST) for a fun project tutorial!
Using a sponge dauber and a little ink is a great way to add a distressed look to a piece of embossed cardstock. I love how this turned out using the Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder!
I have admired this drapery fold from afar for some time now and finally gave it a whirl. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is and how lovely it looks!! Here’s how I did it …
- Start with a 10″ x 4-3/4″ piece of Designer Series Paper
- Using a pencil put a little mark on the left hand edge 3/4″ down from the top, and on the right hand edge 3/4″ up from the bottom
- Place the DSP in your paper trimmer lining the cutting track up with the marks that you made and cut to create the diagonal edge
- Place one of these pieces on your Simply Scored Tool with the widest end on the left and the straight edge flush along the top
- Score at 2″, 3″, 5″, 6″, 8″ and 9″
- Fold to create the accordion or drapery
To see how this entire card was created click on the video below to watch the replay posted to my YouTube channel. Skip ahead to about the 6-1/2 minute mark to get right to the card making 😀
I hope that you have enjoyed the cards in today’s post. The drapery fold is a fabulous way to show off you’re favourite Designer Series Paper … so pull some out today and give it a try I know you’ll be happy that you did!!
Thank you for popping in … it was nice to see you! Keep scrolling to see the complete product list for today’s project along with some fabulous promotional offers that you don’t want to miss!!
It’s a great time to stock up!!
November 16th – 18th, 2021
Save on the following from the Annual Catalogue
- 10% off on Cardstock
- 15% off on Ink Pads
- 20% off on Dies
Build up your collection of crafting basics—and prepare for another year of fabulous fun projects—with a steal of a deal on Stampin’ Up! paper crafting products!
- The sale will run for three days only, November 16-18, 2021.
- The discount includes 10% off cardstock, 15% off ink pads (excluding ink pad bundles and third-party pads), and 20% off dies.
- The discount applies to products featured in the 2021–2022 Annual Catalogue only. Products from the July–December 2021 Mini Catalogue are not included.
- The sale is available for online store purchases.
- The sale ALSO applies to Starter Kit purchases!! So if you join as a Demonstrator between Nov 16-18, you’ll get even more free items in your discounted kit!! See the Starter Kit promotion below for more details!
- Sale times and dates:
- Start time: November 16, 2021 at 12:00 AM (MT)
- End time: November 18, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Click here to bring up a full-size flyer with all of the items that are be on sale.
Click here to shop online and place your order!
Start with Savings – Amazing Offer
This AMAZING offer is available until November 30th and I would LOVE to have you join my Birdsnest Stampers team!!
During this promotion you can purchase the Starter Kit for just $100 – no shipping or GST AND you get to load your kit up with $165 worth of your choice of Stampin’ Up! products! As if this isn’t incentive enough … you’ll also receive a free Paper Pumpkin kit! The perks keep coming … as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator you will enjoy a 20% discount on the products you purchase too!.
Join during the Seasonal Sale and you will get to load up your Starter Kit at the sale prices… this is such a great deal!!
When you join my Birdsnest Stampers team and become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator you will enjoy early access to amazing products (like pre-order of the upcoming January Mini Catalogue), exclusive perks, an opportunity to earn additional income, and join an incredible community of crafters. Whether you want to make the most of your paper-crafting hobby or build a business of your own, there’s so much in store for you with Stampin’ Up!