Welcome, it is so nice to see you! Today’s card features the Stampin’ Up! Two-Tone Flora stamp set. This beautiful stamp set is part of the Fancy Flora Suite Collection in the Jan-Apr Mini Catalogue. The suite can be viewed and purchased through my online store by clicking HERE.
Two step stamping is one of the first things I learned that made me appreciate the art of stamping and twelve years later I’m still amazed at the WOW factor it has. For today’s card I have used two different colours for each stamped layer to create the flowers. As long as the detailed layer is a darker colour than the solid layer you can combine any two colours you want. Alternatively, you can also use the same colour for both layers by using the stamp-off technique for the solid layer to create a lighter shade.
If you would like to recreate today’s Two-Tone Flora card for yourself just scroll down a little further to the Let’s Make It section of this post. I have included the measurements and step-by-step instructions for you. I have also included a complete supply list at the end of the post to make shopping for these supplies nice and easy for you!
Thanks for popping in, have a fabulous, crafty weekend!
Let’s Make It!
- Start with a Pool Party card base 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Add a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper to the card front
- On a 3-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock stamp the flowers from the Two-Tone Flora stamp set in the bottom left corner in the following colours:
- Largest flower: Calypso Coral & Pale Papaya
- Medium flower: Highland Heather & Fresh Freesia
- Small flower: Balmy Blue & Pool Party
- Using Pool Party ink stamp the small cluster of images around the flowers
- Attach the stamped piece to a 3-3/8 x 4-5/8 panel of Pool Party cardstock
- Wrap a piece of Pool Party Grosgrain Ribbon above the stamped images and secure it in place on the back of the cardstock
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere the layered piece to the center of the card front
- Stamp CONGRATULATIONS from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set with Highland Heather ink on to a 1/2 ” strip of Very Vanilla cardstock
- Shape the right end of the strip into a point using the Banners Pick A Punch
- Adhere the sentiment strip, slightly layered over the top of the ribbon, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tie a small bow with a piece of Pool Party Grosgrain Ribbon and attach to the left of the first piece of ribbon with a Mini Glue Dot
- Complete the card front by sprinkling a few of the Fresh Freesia Opaque Adhesive-Backed Gems
- Don’t forget to show some love to the inside of the card too … check the photo below to see how I decorated the 4 x 5-1/4 insert for the inside of my sample card
Stampin’ Up! products I used on today’s Two-Tone Flora card
You can purchase Stampin’ Up! products from my online store from anywhere in Canada, I would love to have you shop with me! To see more details of any of the products in this list just click on the image!
Earn customer loyalty tokens for each $10 increment of your online order … collect and redeem for free Stampin’ Up! product!! If you have any questions about ordering or need a little help to place your order please contact me … I am happy to help!