Love is in the air with today’s project. Valentine’s Day is not far away and I have been busy in my craft room creating heart themed projects for the occasion! One of my favourites so far is this simple Valentine’s card I made using the Meant To Be stamp set.
The colour combination that I used is from this week’s creative challenge. I am truly loving this palette of Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride and Real Red it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Supply List for Meant To Be Valentine’s Card
With the Meant to Be stamp set it is easy to turn a blank piece of cardstock into a beautiful work of art. Just look at all of those gorgeous heart images!
Let’s make a Valentine’s card – 10 Easy Steps!
To start you will need the following pieces:
- Blushing Bride card base – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored in half on the long edge @ 4-1/4″
- Bermuda Bay cardstock – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Real Red cardstock – 4″ x 4″ and scrap to punch the scallop heart from the heart punch pack
- Basic White cardstock – 4″ x 5-1/4″ for insert, 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and scrap to punch a heart from the heart punch pack
- 3/8″ Real Read double-stitched satin ribbon – 10″
- Basic rhinestones – 6 various sizes
- With the bump to the inside fold the card base in half and use a bone folder make a nice crisp fold.
- Attach the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card.
- Emboss the Bermuda Bay cardstock using the Scripty 3D embossing folder, attach to the card front.
- Stamp a variety of heart images from the Meant To Be stamp set on the 3-3/4″ square piece of Basic White.
- Striped heart in Real Red ink
- Floral heart in Blushing Bride ink
- Small solid heart in Bermuda Bay ink
- Attach this stamped piece to the 4″ square Real Red cardstock.
- Wrap the ribbon over the front of this square and adhere the ribbon on the back with tear tape on both ends. Cut off the remainder of the ribbon and use this to tie a knot on the front left side.
- Punch a scalloped heart out of the scrap of Real Red cardstock
- With Real Red ink stamp “Happy Valentine’s Day” on the scrap of Basic White and then punch out with the heart punch. Layer the two punched heart pieces using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the heart to the front of the card.
- Colour 6 basic rhinestones with the dark Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends marker and place them randomly on the card front.
Stampin’ Up!’s biggest promotion of the year Sale-a-Bration is in full swing. During sale-a-bration when you spend $60 before shipping & taxes you get to choose a FREE exclusive product. This spectacular promotion runs from now until February 28, 2021 so be sure to take advantage of this deal before it’s over. There are not limits to the number of FREE products you can receive, you will earn one for every $60 you spend.
Be sure to take a look at the Sale-a-bration brochure and make your wish list now! Use Janaury Host code M63FNJP2 when ordering online. Make it really easy and click here to shop and the host code will be entered for you!
My favourite item from sale-a-bration 2021 is the Darling Donkeys stamp set. Check out this super fun Darling Donkeys birthday card that I posted last week. I have made so many adorable cards using this set it is definitely my favourite!!
Thank you for popping by today! Take care, stay safe and BE CREATIVE!