Welcome to the start of an exciting week on createwithbirdsnest.ca! This week is all about Coffee, Cookies and Chocolate .. oh my!! My posts this week will be featuring one of my much loved and most used stamp sets Nothing’s Better Than along with the coordinating Love You More Than dies. Both of these products can be found in the 2021 Annual catalogue on pages 87 and 164.
Today I am sharing with you a card I created using the coffee images from this set. Those of you that already know me know that I do LOVE a fabulous up of coffee!!
This card was a lot of fun to create and yet is quite simple. You know what they say … sometimes simple is best!! You could easily swap out the coffee mugs and the word Coffee for any of the others included in the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set.
So … let me walk you through how easy this adorable card is to make.
- Of course the first thing we need to start with is the card base. I have used Sahara Sand cardstock cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored in half on the long side at 4.25″
- From the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) I cut two pieces of the woodgrain pattern to 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ each. I then adhered these using Stampin’ Seal to the top portion of the card base.
- Using the Layering Circles dies I cut out a plain circle from a scrap piece of Early Espresso cardstock. The circle measures about 1-1/2″ in diameter. I then attached the circle to the card base layering it over the bottom strip of DSP positioned more towards the right-hand side as shown.
- Using Early Espresso ink, stamp the words ‘Today’s Plan: Consume’ on to the card base directly below the bottom DSP strip and to the left of the circle. Then stamp ‘And be Awesome’ centered below the circle. Randomly stamp a few of the cute little star image as shown.
- For this next step you will need a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and Early Espresso, Misty Moonlight and Pool Party ink pads. Stamp and fussy-cut out the word ‘coffee’ in Misty Moonlight. Stamp 3 coffee mugs in Early Espresso and add the stamped steam to one of them. Fill them in with the co-ordinating two-step stamp using Pool Party ink. Cut the images out … the one with the steam will need to be fussy-cut but the other two can be cut with the Love You More Than dies. Set these pieces aside.
- Cut a second circle (approx. 1-3/8″) with the Layering Circles dies from a piece of Be Dazzling Specialty Paper. This paper is one of the FREE items you can choose from the current Sale-a-Bration promotion which runs until the end of September. Once cut, adhere this circle overtop of the Early Espresso circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Now the fun and final step! Attach the cut out word ‘Coffee’ between the other previously stamped words using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach the two coffee mugs to the Be Dazzling circle with Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then add the steaming cup of coffee between the first two using Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card off and add that extra bit of “bling” I scattered three Coastal Cabana Holiday Rhinestones to the card.
The basic layout of today’s project is one that can be easily used for so many different cards. Simply swap out the Designer Series Paper, the stamped images and words and you’ll have an entirely different project with the same beautiful layout!
I hope that you have enjoyed today’s project! Pop back on Wednesday to see another project featuring Nothing’s Better Than stamp set … a cookie themed scrapbook layout!!
Ordering & Current Promotions
If you are interested in purchasing any of the Stampin’ Up! products that I used in the project that I shared with you today the entire list is shown below. You can jump directly to the item in my online store by clicking on its image from the list.
Remember that the Sale-a-Bration promotion is happening until the end of September. Spend $60 0r $120 and receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. PLUS for the month of August anyone that places a minimum $60 order using my August Host code NSS9BYQ6 will also receive a thank you gift from me … a FREE package of Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels ($8.25 retail value). These gifts will be mailed out in the beginning of September.
Thanks again for popping in … I hope you’ll check back on Wednesday!
~ DeniseProduct List