Hello and happy Friday! I am happy that you have popped by today because I have a really pretty birthday card to share with you today. The star of today’s post is the beautiful Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper. Look beyond the black & white patterns and see a world of possibility!!
Let’s make it!
Here are the simple steps to follow to create this pretty birthday card using the Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper (aka – DSP):
- Start with a Pumpkin Pie card base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored in half at 4-1/4″ on the long edge. Fold and crease with a bone folder
- Adhere a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measures 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″to the center front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut a piece of Perfectly Penciled DSP to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Colour in the images using Stampin’ Blends: Pumpkin Pie, Polished Pink, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Mossy Meadow
- Adhere the coloured piece to the Basic Black cardstock leaving a thin, even border all the way around.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to 1″ x 3″ and punch the left end using the Banners Pick A Punch
- Stamp the sentiment from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set in Versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder
- Adhere to the right edge of the coloured DSP using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Finish the card by scattering a few black Classic Matte Dots in some of the white space on the DSP
Isn’t that fun!!
Colouring the Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper reminds me of when I was a little girl and would spend hours colouring in my colouring books! When I created this card I knew I wanted to use Pumpkin Pie as my base and then I just pulled in colours to compliment one another. I love these fabulous colours!
There are no limits to the projects that you could create with this simple technique. Simply change up your colour palette and customize the Designer Series Paper to suite your project or your recipients favourite colour!!
I hope that you are inspired and are thinking of all sorts of different colour combinations that you could use to colour these gorgeous floral images. If you don’t already have it be sure to add a package of the Perfectly Penciled DSP to your next order! You will be so happy that you did!
The link to all of the supplies used in creating today’s card can be found at the end of this post. All of these items are currently available in my online store. And remember if you spend $60 CAD (before shipping and taxes) with this month’s host code you will qualify for my free customer gift! Host code and this month’s gift are shown below ?.
Thank you so much for stopping by today … it is always nice to see you!
Have a beautiful, crafty weekend!
In Colour Starter Kit Promotion
May is the perfect time to join my Birdsnest Stampers team! There is just ONE WEEK left!!
This limited time promotion is so incredible that you won’t want to miss it! Sign up this month and you’ll get the $135 Starter Kit—filled with your pick of current products —plus a selection of papers and inks from the 2022–2024 In Color collection. More products mean more crafting!!
Plus, as a demonstrator you’ll get to join an incredible community of crafters and creators, enjoy a minimum 20% discount on your product purchases and, if you choose, have an opportunity to earn additional income. Whether you want to make the most of your papercrafting passion or build a business, there’s so much in store for you as a member of the Stampin’ Up! team.