Hello crafty friends, Happy Canada Day and welcome to today’s post! I am so excited to share this slimline card with you as the final project featuring the Hippest Hippos stamp set. Sale-A-Bration and the new July to December Mini Catalogue start today so you can now get this adorable stamp set for free with a $60 order. Wooo Hooo!!! What an awesome way to start off the Canada Day long weekend.
I have had so much fun playing with these crazy adorable Hippest Hippos and the awesome coordinating Hippos Dies. I know I will be using these little cuties a whole lot more and they will definitely be a bundle that will stay in my stamp stash! So cute ❤
I have seen these slimline cards all over Pinterest and have been meaning to make one and today is the day! This larger project gives me all the room I needed to get all three of the hippos on the card front and the greeting too!
If you are loving today’s card and the Hippest Hippos stamp set please leave me a comment on this post. I’d love to hear from you!!
Colour combination for today’s card
I used a fun colour palette for today’s card. I chose to use Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party, Gray Granite & Smoky Slate. I kept the hippos a traditional ‘gray’ colour but had fun colouring their bellies different colours to go with my card.
Let’s Create the Hippest Hippos Slimline Card
- Start with Blackberry Bliss cardstock measuring 7″ x 8-1/2″ and score in half at 3-1/2″
- Add a Pool Party cardstock piece to the card front that maeasures 8-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Cut a piece of Design A Daydream cardstock to layer over the Pool Party cardstock 8″ x 3″
- Die cut from Basic White cardstock (2) Stitched Rectangles 1-5/8″ x 1-1/8″ and 3-5/8″ x 1-5/8″
- On the smaller stitched rectangle stamp the ‘you’re so hip’ sentiment with Blackberry Bliss ink and attach both rectangles to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Using tuxedo black memento ink stamp all three hippo images on to Basic White cardstock, colour with Stampin’ Blends and die cut using the Hippos dies
- Using the Hippo Dies cut out the following:
- Three sets of ‘splashes’ from Balmy Blue and one ‘water’
- One pail from Gray Granite
- Umbrella top from Blackberry Bliss and handle from Basic Gray
- One boat from Basic Gray
- Assemble and attach these die cut pieces to the front of the card – the boat and third set of splashes are for the inside of your card. Be sure to use Stampin’ Dimensionals to get lots of fun ‘pop’ on your card
- For the inside of the card cut a piece of Basic White cardstock 8-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ and adhere it inside
- Add a 3/8″ x 8-1/4″ strip of the Design A Daydream DSP to the bottom of the white insert
- Stamp and colour the little hippo on the right bottom corner just above the strip of DSP
- Adhere the boat and splash as shown to complete your card
To check out the other crafty inspiration that I shared this week with the Hippest Hippose stamp set just click the images below on your mobile or to the right on your computer.
I hope that today’s Hippest Hippos Slimline card has left you feeling inspired to get a little crafty over this Canada Day long weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by and remember, my online store is open 24/7 seven days a week for your Stampin’ Up! supplies. Shop with me anytime from anywhere in Canada.