Hello stampin’ friends! I am so excited to share my Rainbow of Adorable Owls slimline card with you today. I love (and collect) cute little owls so when I saw this stamp set in the Sale-A-Bration brochure it was love at first sight. I couldn’t resist colouring them in all these fun, bright colours, after all who doesn’t love a rainbow?
During Sale-A-Bration (Jan 5 – Feb 28) you can get your own Adorable Owls stamp set free when you place an order of $60 in my online store. When you shop online using the current host code 3USSTAU6 you will also earn customer loyalty tokens to collect and redeem for more free product! You get one token for every $10 you spend (before shipping and tax) and tokens and loyalty cards will be mailed to you along with a thank you card once your order has shipped.
If you would like to recreate this rainbow of Adorable Owls slimline card for yourself just scroll on down to the Let’s Make It section of this post. I have included the measurements and step-by-step instructions for you. I have also included a complete supply list at the end of the post to make shopping for these supplies nice and easy for you!
Thanks for popping in, have a fabulous day and Happy Stamping!
Let’s Make It!
- Start with a Thick Basic White slimline card base 7 x 8-1/2 scored in half at 3-1/2
- Next add a layer of Pacific Point cardstock (3-1/8 x 8-1/8) to the card front
- From the Brights 6×6 Designer Series Paper Collection cut a 1-1/4 strip from the polka dot pattern in each of these five colours: Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay & Gorgeous Grape
- Adhere the strips of DSP to a panel of Basic White cardstock (8 x 3), and trim off the excess before adhering to the Pacific Point layer on the card front
- Using white embossing powder, heat emboss the sentiment “hoot! hoot! you’re so cute” on to a scrap piece of Pacific Point cardstock and punch it out using the oval shape on the double oval punch
- Adhere the sentiment to the center of the card, close to the bottom edge, using stampin’ dimensionals
- On Basic White cardstock stamp the flying owl five times with Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Colour each of the owls, fussy cut them out and adhere to the card over the coordinating DSP using stampin’ dimensionals
- Colouring the owls is so much fun! i coloured each of them in the coordinating colour of the DSP behind with the exception of the orange one (Pumpkin Pie) and purple one (Highland Heather). I used Daffodil Delight for the beak and feet, Balmy Blue for the eyes and then used Petal Pink light to outline the white parts of the tummy and face.
Stampin’ Up! products I used on today’s Adorable Owls card
You can purchase Stampin’ Up! products from my online store from anywhere in Canada, I would love to have you shop with me! Click on any of the items below to see it in my online store ? If you have any questions about ordering or need a little help to place your order please contact me … I am happy to help!