Hello and welcome … it is so nice to see you!
Thank you for joining us for the Scrapbooking Global August Blog Hop. This month’s theme is one that I have really enjoyed and was chosen by Scrapbooking Global Design Team Member Sherry Roth. I am excited to share my Abigail Rose scrapbook layout with you today!
Whether you are starting here or have hopped on over from another blog be prepared for some awesome scrapbooking inspiration today. Near the bottom of this post you will find the full list of participants in this hop – be sure to check them all out!
Our challenge as part of this month’s blog hop was to choose a line on the Tic Tac Toe board and incorporate all of those elements into a scrapbook layout using Stampin’ Up!® products. I love polka dots so I decided to use the left most vertical line on the board: Use a sketch, polka dots & kraft cardstock. Here’s the sketch I chose to use.
I have been wanting to use the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper for a while, but until now I wasn’t sure how I wanted to use it. This paper is so pretty and the floral images are nice and big … perfect for scrapbooking!
Let’s Make It!
- I started with a base page of Petal Pink 12″ x 12″ cardstock
- Next I ran a 6″x 6″ and a 4-1/2″ x 6″ piece of Kraft cardstock through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Spots & Dots dies ( polka dots ?)
- I adhered the two pieces side-by-side to the top half of the layout
- Next a wrapped a piece of Natural Finish 7/8″ ribbon across the layout directly below the kraft cardstock, adhered it in the back and tied a knot at the front on the right hand side
- I created the Early Espresso photo mat with a piece measuring 6-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ and then attached two pieces of Very Vanilla 3″ x 4-1/2″, and adhered this to the page with dimensionals
- Then I used the largest hexagon die from the Beautiful Shapes dies and die cut ten from an different sheets of the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper, set and tucked them on the page then adhered them using dimensionals on some for extra depth
- From the Abigail Rose DSP I fussy cut 3 sets of florals and adhered with dimensionals to the layout
- To add a little touch of colour to the flowers I used Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink and Fresh Freesia ink with my Water Painters
- Lastly I scattered a few Rustic Metallic ADhesive-Backed Dots around the layout
At the bottom of today’s post you will find a complete list of all of the supplies I used to create this scrapbook layout. Simply click on the images and you will be directed to my online store … you can shop with me from anywhere in Canada!!
I also wanted to point out that Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration promotion is still on until the end of the month. One of the items that you can get for free with a $120 CDN order is the Dots & Spots die that I used to create the polka dots. It is such a fun die to use and is regularily priced at $44CDN. Now’s the perfect time to visit my online store, place an order of $120CDN and get it for FREE!!